Saturday, January 28, 2012

"I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing."

I almost didn't write a post today but decided if I stop now, I won't write another post. Dedication works in mysterious ways!

Today was physical inventory day and I got to spend all day at work. "Yes, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. It is the side of the bed that forces me to see your face today." That's a certified Melanie quote and yes, I said it out loud. Let's just say at 7AM on a Saturday when someone uses my order filling/cycle counting cart as a trash can, I get slightly irritated. My personal life and my home life aren't always neat and tidy but you better believe things at work are in order.

Anyway, aside from inventory being awful and boring, it was a good day. My legs are still a bit sore but I've felt really satisfied in the realm of food. They served donuts for breakfast and I didn't have any. They served pizza for lunch and I didn't have any. I had a great turkey, cheese, and cilantro sandwich for lunch (which, by the way, everyone was really jealous of) and cottage cheese and strawberries for breakfast. I had to go grocery shopping after work and I spent another $80 or so on food. I'm most excited about the Roasted Garlic Hummus I was able to get as a dip for my sugar snap peas. Mmmm... I'm really looking forward to that!

Hank and I took a quick walk to the dog park with our new Chuckit and had a great time chasing tennis balls. Hank made a new friend, a blue merle Aussie puppy who was like his shadow for the entire time we were there. The walk with shortcuts is less than half a mile, but we don't take shortcuts. The walk ends up being about a mile-ish both ways. Tomorrow is our three mile day! Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment