Saturday, June 2, 2012

Challenges

I know I've mentioned before that I do Read and Reviews (R&R) and as of right now I've completed and reviewed about 20 books. 14 of them were through a Goodreads.com book club and I've been solicited into doing six others by various self published authors, including my friend Madeline. Anyway, the Goodreads club that I frequent does fun activities other than R&R and this is the first time I've participated. Unfortunately, I do not have the patience to do this over 30 days, so I've just answered all the questions at once. It's easier this way, believe me! June's 30 Day Challenge is to answer one question a day about my favorite topic ever, FOOD! So here are my answers... (I've included links to some of my answers to add to the temptation). So here it goes, compacting 30 days into one afternoon!

1. What’s your favourite meal? It's really hard to choose just one but I'll go with a recent meal that my husband made. Ribs and Chili Beans! Not a veggie in sight!
2. What was your favourite meal as a child? Spaghetti and Meatballs for breakfast.
3. Are you a vegetarian? Absolutely not but I am a vegetable loving meattarian.
4. Do you ever eat veg-only meals? Sure! When my husband isn't around I can get stuffed on fresh veggies and be perfectly content.
5. Do you eat fish? Yes, grilled salmon is my choice!
6. Do you eat your 5 fruit or veg a day? Most of the time.
7. Do you eat starch (pasta, potatoes, rice, cereals)? Yes. Sweet potatoes, whole grain pasta, HOMEMADE pasta, brown rice, white rice, sticky rice, sizzling rice, couscous. Basically, what starch DON'T I eat?
8. Fries with ketchup or mayonnaise? Neither, BBQ Sauce is my preference.
9. Orange juice or apple juice? If I'm forced to drink juice, it would have to be apple.
10. What’s your favourite type of soup? Italian Wedding Soup
11. What’s your favourite fruit? Definitely Gala Apples
12. What’s your favourite ice cream / lolly? Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Ben & Jerry's on Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco was my 1st CCCD experience. I was with my Mom and it is my first real memory of the Haight.)
13. Do you cook for yourself or does someone cook for you? My husband and I share the duties though he cooks more often than I do. If I cook, I use a lot of veggies and that scares him... a lot (seriously, he eats one salad a year. maybe two).
14. Lazy day? Which take out are you likely to visit? Chinese would be my number one choice. Wor Won Ton Soup and good, pan fried Potstickers... mmm!
15. Do you have a favourite restaurant? I have a lot of places that I frequent, so yes. I have many favorites!
16. Do you have a sweet tooth or do you like savoury snacks? I like both!
17. How do you like your potatoes? Boiled, mashed, roasted, baked…? Baked or roasted.
18. Do you peel the skin off fruit before eating it? When I was a kid, yes. As an adult, no way!
19. Wine or beer? (or another sort of alcohol?) Both. I like Leinenkugel's Beer and my current favorite (cheap but tasty) wine is Folie a Deuz Menage a Trois Red Wine
20 What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? I've eaten fried alligator and recently I've tried tripe and abalone.
21. What’s the most disgusting thing you’ve ever eaten? I don't think I've ever been repulsed by anything I've eaten but I suppose some people would find sashimi or tripe disgusting.
22. Do you bake? Sometimes but I prefer cooking. I like to bake Cheesecake Cupcakes and my friends accuse me of adding addictive substances because they are really tasty!
23. Do you still have candles on your birthday cake? I haven't had a legitimate birthday cake in a couple of years but candles wouldn't be a bad thing.
24. Is there anything better than grandma’s cooking? Nope! I love having Grandma's Pinwheels!
25. Is there anything you refuse to eat? If I was offered snails, dog, or horse, I would most likely pass.
26. What do you drink the most? Arnold Palmers with Sprite (Lemonade, Iced Tea, and a spritz of Sprite.)
27. How do you take your coffee? Little bit of creamer.
28. What type of tea do you like? Green Tea with honey and lemon OR English Breakfast Tea with a little cream and a little sugar.
29. What toppings do you like on your pizza? I love the Papa Murphy's Take & Bake Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza with extra artichoke and mushrooms.
30. Cake or pie? Depends, what kind of cake? (Ice cream?) What kind of pie? (Apple?)

Speaking of my friend Madeline (affectionately known as Limey), she was challenging me to write a book. What I ended up writing was a short story. She assures me that it is great and shared it with a couple of her author friends and they liked it also. I don't feel that it is long enough to be apart of a short story collection, but that is what they are all suggesting. We will see! They are helping me put some feelers out so cross your fingers for me! I am not revealing anything about the story to anybody yet, so don't ask! I'm not telling!

Another big thing is that I've been challenged to start another blog about something different and much more personal. My posts would be put up on a larger website and I would have to write at least once a week. It would be great for me but I'm not sure what I want to do yet. Yet another possibility looming on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment