Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lunch Time Ramblings

The weather is finally starting to cool down and it feels awesome. Sure, we are still hitting the high 90's but that is much better than 106.

The marathon photos are being uploaded and so far, I've seen 6 or so of myself. You know that moment when you think, "shit... Those pants really DO make me look fat!"? Well I have had the moment 6 times today. I spent a few minutes being disgusted and I had to put things into perspective for myself.

PERSPECTIVE!
1. Still wearing the same size clothes I was wearing in March.
2. Just bought a pair of size 10 designer jeans and they fit right off the hanger. No squats or outside assistance necessary.
3. Just took a bunch of time off my first half marathon time.
4. It might be a myth but the camera adds 10 pounds... The angles were just all wrong. My story, sticking to it!
5. Still feeling awesome!

I do need a new routine and I do need to stop eating my husbands cooking. With that said, I am going to start a new workout program through a local running club. I'd like to shave some more time off my next race and I would like to be a little stronger in my core and with my balance. I just need to stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment