Monday, August 27, 2012

Quickly, before I need to recap...

Well... a lot has been happening in the real life sphere lately so I may as well just do one big update!

For me, the most exciting thing is that I won Employee of the Month for the Month of June. So for the entire month of July, I got a nice parking spot and I got to pass my picture on the way to the breakroom/bathroom. To get noticed for my hard work is definitely something that I appreciated.

The next thing is that I sold my horse.... finally. About 4 years ago, I made the tough decision that she and I were no longer a good match. I was just about to graduate from college, I had no where suitable to keep her in my new town, and I basically just wanted to take a break from horse ownership. Well, I was lucky when I found a trainer who was willing to make a deal with me. She basically leased her from me as a lesson horse but I still had to pay for board and in turn she would sell the horse. The whole situation (without going into too much detail) has been a ridiculous mess. Lots of arguments with my husband, lots of hemming and hawing over what to do, and even some moments where I considered taking her back. Now she is finally sold and we are having problems with the check clearing the bank. It's been frustrating but one day, very soon, the horse will be officially sold and moved. And I will have a little more money in my savings account.

Over the last month, my run training as gone from a lot of miles a week to next to nothing. The hot weather (three weeks straight of 100+ degrees) just killed my desire to do anything. It was basically a training disaster because once I did get back on the treadmill and out on the road, I felt like a complete newbie again. With the Santa Rosa Half Marathon being this past weekend, I was really stressed that I would do worse time wise in this race than I did in my first. Now, finishing is winning and the accomplishment of finishing means more to me than my times in my races but I just wanted to blow my previous time out of the water. Oh well! I have the Two Cities Half coming up in November and it will be cooler between now and then so...there!

:) Race Recap coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment