Thursday, September 20, 2012

If only today were Friday...

I woke up at about 4 o'clock, or as my Dad would say, "O Dark Thirty"/"The ass crack of dawn", and realized that it hurt to swallow. My throat was feeling funny all day yesterday in a dry, unrelenting thirst kinda way. This is pretty typical for where I work since I'm up and moving around most of the day but it was really uncomfortable. And this morning, it made the hours between four and six just drag on as I tried to fall back to sleep. To add to the misery, my left ear started to ache. To further insult my misery, my brain started it's own beautiful rendition of Taylor Swift's newest tune. Basically, my plans for the morning changed. I was planning a run through town but considering I can't swallow my own spit and it hurts to drink my coffee, running just doesn't sound like a decent plan. So now, here I am typing up a blog and playing Castleville on Facebook.

As I complained in my last post, I'm still waiting on a check for my horse. It's really frustrating to wait when you have spending plans or dreams and desires that are out of the norm. My plan from the start has been to save a large chunk of the money but like I was saying, I really wanted to start group training at the gym (which costs money) and I want to buy the next grouping of new furniture (again, money). Queue The Flying Lizards... "Money (That's What I Want)".

Since I can't pay for group training right now, I decided to actually start reading my back logged emails from Prevention and Women's Health. I stumbled upon a book offer that sounded pretty cool and instead of doing a "free" trial of the book for 21 days, I signed on to my library account, requested that the book be sent to my local branch, and I just picked it up yesterday. (It was five minutes before the library closed and I got a really nasty look from Mrs. Librarian as I walked through the door. I earned a smile and a nod when I held my hands up and said, "I came prepared, I have books on hold! In and out... I PROMISE!") The book is called "Tone Every Inch" and I figured that since I can borrow it from the library for a good amount of time, I may be able to get something out of it. And then I can blog about it. Fitness from a book... should be... interesting. :)

Might as well just start reading now since I'm not doing anything else productive! (er... I should say that all my fanfics are read, Castleville energy is reloading, Facebook is boring, and I don't feel like hopping in the shower until my coffee cup has been sufficiently drained)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were sick on Friday! Bummer! I thought I was getting sick last week, but it didn't turn into anything. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My leaving early was prearranged because we were traveling to a wedding but yeah, I strategically got sick. :) Did you see that the fanfic was updated?! Geez.. I'm obsessed!

      Delete