Saturday, March 23, 2013

Time flies when you're pregnant/exhausted/hungry/thirsty

First things first... I got an apology phone call from that store. The woman was so disgusted with the situation that she said she had to figure out the appropriate response and had no idea how to apologize in a way that would be completely sincere. She said, "I bet offering you a gift card to our store wouldn't do much good, huh?" I told her I didn't need to be paid off, I just wanted a personal apology. So I got what I asked for and I'm OK with that. No, I don't have the intention of posting the store's name on the internet. If I hadn't received a response, I would be tagging up their Facebook page like crazy. I just don't have it in me to ruin a store's reputation because of one bad employee.

In just a few days, I will officially be in the final trimester of my pregnancy! Holy shit, where did the time go?

These are my last ultrasound photos from the beginning of March... Miss Baby D is yawning (or maybe already screaming?) on the left and smiling and dancing on the right. Geez, the end of June will be here before I know it!


I've had a great pregnancy thus far. The only problem has been that I get so sore when I am active. So the running hobby is on hiatus though I'm dying to run the Santa Rosa Half Marathon in August (this is so not happening, by the way). The swag this year is awesome and includes a bottle of wine... oh well! I WILL be signing up for the Tinkerbell Half in January. It's not just running or walking that gets me sore. I was gardening for a couple hours the other day and was completely spent. But then again, sitting the wrong way on the couch will do me in sometimes. Like the day I spent all afternoon sewing stuffed animals for the nursery, I was sorer than I was after finishing my last half marathon. But at least the stuffed animals are cute! I'm planning to make a crib mobile so I was practicing in big sizes first...


I had to go in today to take get my blood drawn as part of the 1 hour Glucose Tolerance Test. The nurse looked at me as she handed me my fruit punch glucose drink and said, "Are you sure you aren't doing this too early? Usually women have to be at least 24 weeks before they get this order." That made me feel good considering the shit I went through last week. I also had a chance to chat it up with a bunch of pregnant ladies in the waiting room who were all there for the same kind of blood work. The glucose drink wasn't bad but after about 30 minutes, the baby was practicing karate moves and within 40 minutes, I was dizzy, faint, clammy, shaky, and nauseous. I had to go to the window and ask the nurse to get me water. Before she looked at my face, she told me the water fountain was down the hall. Once she took a good look at my face, she rushed down the hall to get me water. By the time my blood was drawn, I was feeling much better. Apparently, this type of reaction happens often but geez... if I had passed out BEFORE getting my blood drawn, it would give my family more reasons to make fun of me for my hospital-phobia. :)

My boss told me about a month ago, "Just wait until you start nesting!" and I couldn't help but respond with, "I think I already am!" I know nothing about the nesting process but I know that I am definitely in "decorating" mode. I bought an adorable, custom quilt for the nursery and I've already started buying other decor and obsessing over details (what colors go well with purple and grey? do I have enough room to walk over there? did I ask for enough hangers?) plus I've been bossing my husband around about cleaning the house. My husband is really great at cleaning but usually only does it when HE feels like it. I haven't just been decorating the baby's room, I've also been trying to decorate the rest of our house. I gotta take it slow so my husband can adjust to not having the white walls that he loves so much!

  

 

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaay! I'll get to see you at Tink! I'm glad the store called and apologized. That was a crappy experience.

    ReplyDelete