Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 19: Sweet Freedom

Miss Madelyn was born on 6/18 via planned but unscheduled C-Section at 10:01am. Basically, my water broke 8 days prior to my scheduled c-section and when I got to the hospital they thought I was joking. Uh no, the water that I leaked from the parking lot to the second floor reception desk is not a gag gift they sell at Spencers, ok? Three hours after we arrived, I was in recovery and by lunch, she had already met her Grandma. We were home on 6/20 with a healthy, loud baby who we love despite her feisty stubborness. Hank the wonder dog loves her too!



As of my first followup appointment, I am cleared for light cardio exercise. My shopping trips to Walmart, Target, and Babies R Us are definitely considered light cardio! BUT, I finally got out with my running shoes on and the dog in tow for Madelyn's first neighborhood walk. Definitely a feel good, successful moment! Feels wonderful to be "free".


(Despite her age, Madelyn has a lot of control over her head. She chose the moment I snapped the camera to put her head at a strange angle to look around. Don't go nominating me for mother of the year just yet, I know how the head support works! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment