Thursday, January 26, 2012

And that's how I became their chief.

*Charlie Brown music plays, Melanie squeals, Melanie dances Snoopy Style*

I have a problem with my alarm clock. When I set a new alarm, I always have an anxiety that I'm not going to wake up or the alarm isn't going to work. So the alarm was set for 5AM and I woke up at 3:11AM thinking the sun was already up. It took me forever to fall back to sleep and once I fell asleep, the alarm was blaring. I was up and out of the house within 10 minutes and I wish I had taken two extra minutes to grab a better breakfast. One pear just isn't enough before a workout.

If you've never experienced Tulle Fog, you need to re-adjust your knowledge of fog. It was so foggy this morning that I almost turned around to go back to bed. Luckily, the fog cleared for the last portion of my drive and I could actually see what was going on around me. I wasn't so lucky for the drive home but I made it, so everything is a-ok. I even got to watch the sunrise from a treadmill.

Now for the best news to date. I almost said it was an "indescribable" feeling and then realized I am typing a blog and describing my feelings. Anything is possible! The trainer set up the scale to read at my previous weight and then had me step on to the scale. Watching the number on the scale go down was the greatest moment. I stood there fake covering my eyes while he got everything adjusted and was so happy to find that I have lost eight pounds this week! I practically hopped off the scale and gave the man a hug, but I held back and did the snoopy dance in my head. Now let's see if I can keep losing a couple pounds a week. Say no to the plateau!

It has been decided that waking up for a workout is not as great as preparing for a workout throughout the day. I felt so sluggish this morning and I just couldn't keep up with the other people in the group. Maybe they were just powering through or had a good breakfast or maybe I'm just really slow. I got complimented for doing all my exercises with the proper form and that is a great thing to hear. You lost weight and you are doing the exercises properly. Arguably, some of the best words ever (there are better ones out there, I acknowledge this fact and I hope to hear them someday). A positive about the morning workout is that I got to walk out any soreness all day today. Despite the tough lower body circuits we did today, my legs are feeling pretty awesome.

Lunch time wasn't "We Three Walking Weirdos" because there were only two of us (us two trotting...er... walkers?). It's great to see people from work drive by with confused looks on their faces. It's really annoying when you get back to work and people make fun of you for actually trying. I have plenty of negative things to say about my workplace but what it comes down to is....well... erm... huh. I can't say any of the things I want to say. :)

As a final note, I cheated a little bit today. Last night we made dinner for a friend. My husband made his famous Chili and I made Cornbread and Cheesecake Cupcakes. Today I ate a leftover cheesecake cupcake. I deserved it! Don't judge me! (by the way, it was really good and I really enjoyed the splurge.)

3 comments:

  1. You're doing so well! :) Congratulations on your success! What diet plan are you following?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robyn! It's actually a plan put together by the nutritionist at the gym where I am working out. It lists out everything to eat throughout the day (breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks). It's really interactive because even though I have a set amount of calories, I can make food exchanges as needed. It has been a tough adjustment but it's getting better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! It's always hard to adjust to stuff like that, but you're doing a great job and definitely reaping the benefits. :) Keep up the good work!

      Delete