Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"Breathing is really important. You don't breath, you die."

Quote of the Night
Trainer: "Melanie, don't let your stomach go. Belly button to spine!"
Me: "I already let my stomach go, that's why I'm here!"

When I got to the gym tonight, my nerves were shot. Network outage at work, overtime, scarfing of dinner (which wasn't Chili Beans and Sausage), almost running out of gas while headed to the gas station, and a 30 mile drive full of Fresno drivers trying to act like they are actually in the Bay Area. To make it worse, the class before ours was in full out cardio mode when I walked in the door. Everyone was doing running drills and it didn't make me very hopeful for our class. Don't worry, we didn't end up getting cardio mode because we were too busy completing our ab circuit. (read: having a lot of fun realizing our abs don't work)

Last night, we had a dozen people and tonight only seven people showed up. On the positive side it gave us more room to sprawl out after holding a plank position for two minutes. To elaborate, our circuit only required a 30 second hold but due to group wide laughing, giggling, and making of random snarky comments, we were punished. Twice. Even better, the punishment went through the rest of our workout. Bicycle crunches, side planking, crazy leg lifts, etc. Maybe I will one day have ABS OF GOLD!

Definitely had some triumphs today, which is a very good thing. The best one: I was able to lift my arms and move my legs despite being really sore. Though, I'm not sure if I will be able to boast that triumph again tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. ABS OF GOLD!!! That one is good, I like that poster! You are hilarious and I wish I had been there to hear you say that to your trainer. Was it your snarky comments getting the group into trouble?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! But it turns out one of the ladies in the class is a DJ for 93.7, so she and I were making comments together. It is fair to say it was a group effort!

    ReplyDelete