Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Workout: Phone to Ear, Phone to Cradle (and repeat)

I'm currently in fast mode in preparation for my metabolic testing tomorrow. I suppose this has multiple actions. I had to quickly (as in fast...ly) get out of work so I could speed to Subway and get my dinner. I had to force the girl making the sandwich to move fast. Then I had to eat fast while driving fast so I could get home to... fast. See, fast mode! I was told that the latest I could finish my dinner was at or around 5:45PM tonight so the test is accurate tomorrow morning.

From what I've read, the metabolic test gives you your resting metabolic rate, body mass index, V02 level, respiratory rate, a bracket of caloric intake for a weight loss and a lot of other information that is used to come up with a personalized meal plan. And all you have to do is breath into a machine for 10 minutes. 12 hours of fasting, an hour + drive round trip, and a 10 minute test. Worth it? I guess we'll see when I get my results!

To make the appointment even more fun, we are doing my "starting" measurements and a "before" picture. I'd much rather just draw a picture of myself for reference purposes later, that way I don't really have to see myself in a "before" picture. Maybe like this. It's not going to be as bad as I'm making it out to be, but I can still complain about it. "It's my blog and I'll complain if I need to..." (off key but still beautiful)

Oh! And today I totally resisted eating homemade Chile Relleno with fresh, homemade tortillas. Chile Relleno could be healthy but these were definitely not the healthy kind. It was really difficult to resist but I did it! Even more amazing, I could walk today. Bending over and reaching my arms above my head was iffy but not impossible. It may sound silly, but my wedding ring fits a little looser today than it did yesterday. Step in the right direction? Sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment