Thursday, January 19, 2012

The 3 o'clock slump has developed a new meaning!

I think I need to draw a cartoon to really showcase my day. I think I might work on something and post it later. I need to share the good news first, in case no one wants to read until the end... Since Monday, my scale at home (in the morning) says I've lost 2.5 pounds. The scale at the gym (at night, after eating all day) says I've lost 1 pound. Still, that's awesome and it's something positive.

Anyway! I got my Met Test done this morning at 6AM. I was really proud of myself because I got out of bed at 5AM without hitting the snooze button. I was thirsty, cotton-mouthed, and really hungry so I swigged some water, sloshed it around, and day dreamed about a Venti coffee from Starbucks. I got to Fresno and waited around for about 15 minutes before my trainer showed up to administer the test. I had to go to a different gym and I was kind of wishing that I was taking class there instead. They had an indoor football field and a ton of available space. I also wished I had a female trainer but then I heard her "motivational" speak and decided that I was cancelling that wish.

The machine took 10 minutes to warm up so I got to have my picture taken and have my measurements taken. Unfortunately, the only measurement I heard was my chest measurement and it sounded way higher than it should have been. Probably doesn't help that I was wearing a bra, a shirt, and a workout jacket. At this point, I don't care because I know what size clothing I wear so we'll just have to wait and see on the measurements. By the way, I'm pretty much an all around in-betweener on my clothes. I'm right between a Medium and a Large for everything: pants, shirts, underwear.

The metabolic test was really awkward. My nose was plugged and I had to breathe into a tube that was connected to a printer sized box. I could hear every breath I took for an entire 10 minutes and swallowing hurt really bad because it popped my ears. At 10 minutes, I removed the tube from my mouth and at 10 minutes and 5 seconds, the results were printed out. My metabolism is actually considered fast compared to other people my age and weight class, which seems weird/amazing to me. According to the test, I burn 3,112 calories a day by just doing what I do here and there (resting, working, exercising, etc.). My ears have since recovered. I also fulfilled my Venti coffee craving.

According to the dietitian,  she wants me eating 1600 calories a day. Shocked? Me too. It looks like a decent meal plan, there are seven menus to choose from and foods can be exchanged. We'll see how it works out because she said it is slightly adjustable. I get to eat a lot of fruits and veggies that are easy to find at the store and the only "exotic"/"hard to find" food I've seen so far is quinoa. Otherwise, my husband and I might be able to eat dinner together some nights. He can have a side he likes and I can have my meal plan sides. It just stinks that I spent $100 at Winco last weekend on food and now I can't eat a lot of it (frozen meals, easy meals, etc.)

I hit a slump at about 3 o'clock today but I was able to power through and make it to the end of my day. Plus, I could lift my arms above my head today so that was something I could mentally cling through while I suffered through the last two hours of work. I got home and realized the dog was on a sugar high because he shares the same obsession with Sour Patch Kids as my husband. I'm not sure how much sugar he had, but the house was a mess and the dog was more over the top than usual. Luckily, a walk before class is a good warmup. I am also so, so, so glad that I had a good pre-workout dinner (Turkey Sandwich with BBQ sauce, onion, tomato, and carrots) because today's workout was crazy.

Our regular trainer is finally with us full time now and the workouts are so much better and more focused. Our previous trainer did a good job but I felt like even though there was a "plan" he strayed from it and did exercises that were out of our experience and fitness levels. I didn't really realize until today that I felt that way, but I'm glad our regular trainer is with us now. I will summarize in this way: Squats, Core, Squats, Glutes, Core, Cardio, Walking lunges, Walking crunch lunges, Step ups, Core, Glutes, Squats, Cardio. And my favorite quote, "I love ab workouts when my students are fatigued. On the floor, start the circuit over and feel the burn!" Wow, sadistic much? Remember when you said to imagine it's your head between my hands during that last workout? Yeah, I was definitely visualizing during those final moments. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

End words, "Everyone better get home safe because it's a big day tomorrow. Rehydrate, Stretch, and get out and workout some more! See you Monday, people!" *claps*

No comments:

Post a Comment