Friday, January 20, 2012

Oh right, doing the dishes is as important as exercising.

Today was the worst day of the week. I feel pretty invigorated and pretty excited that I can walk after yesterday's workout but still, it was the worst day. Probably a combination of a new diet, no coffee, sore muscles and the inability to eat the tacos at work. I had to make the decision that Tortillas, Beans and Bacon, and Shredded Beef were just not good choices for lunch. Instead, I had a Turkey Sandwich on wheat bread, Cantaloupe, and Sugar Snap Peas.

The new diet plan really sucked considering I didn't have all the necessary groceries here at home. When I went to log my meals online, I realized that I can't log foods from multiple meal plans in one day. So I had to create a bunch of foods and add them manually. After an irritating day, it was the last thing I wanted to do when I got home. Other than technology issues, the food choices were decent but I feel unsatisfied. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better because I'll actually be following the plan to a tee.

If it's not raining too hard tomorrow, I am planning to do a 3 mile walk/run with my dog Hank. If it is raining, I might go out on my own just to save the dog some trouble. We'll see! Either way, I'm going to time myself and try to improve my time gradually. Last time we walked the route, it took us 55 minutes which is slightly over an 18 minute mile and about 3.25 MPH. With a dog in tow, that is a pretty fast speed considering most exercise calculators estimate "Walking the Dog" to be about 2.5 MPH. I guess that's the good thing about an Aussie Shepherd!




No comments:

Post a Comment