Saturday, January 21, 2012

“I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.”

The title quote is by Leo F. Buscaglia. By the way, he is described as an American guru and a tireless advocate of the power of love. *fist pump for the power of love*

I went to the Super Walmart to grocery shop today and I bought food from four of my seven menus but will have enough food to last me about a solid week. I bought some water packed canned fruit and some frozen fruit, that way nothing goes bad. All said and done, I spent about $80 for everything.

The rain has held off for most of the day, so I took the dog on our three mile walk. It was so windy that I gave up on adding any running to the route. There were fences, real estate signs, and street signs down all over the place. The weather forecast actually has a wind advisory and mentions something about a tropical storm. Well, we certainly didn't have tropical storm winds on our walk but we did spend quite a bit of time walking into huge gusts of wind.

Before the grocery store, all I had eaten was a half cup of cereal with milk and two Clementine oranges. I was suppose to have a snack at some point in the morning but forgot but I was surprisingly not hungry. Before our walk and after unloading my bounty, I had some Blackberry Pomegranate Yogurt, Pistachios, and Pita Chips. I actually mixed it all together in a bowl and it tasted really good. Unfortunately, towards the tail end of my walk, I was really feeling the lack of calories. We stopped twice to stretch a bit (and you know, dog potty breaks) and took a slightly different route to make sure the walk was three miles. But it's so exciting! Our time was 6 whole minutes faster, no running involved! That means I went from walking slightly over an 18 minute (3.25MPH) to walking a 16.5 minute mile (3.6MPH). Way to go us!

Hank has yet to move from where he plopped down earlier which is amazing considering he's the Energizer Aussie. I on the other hand, have been quite productive. My productivity included an awesome Turkey Sandwich on whole wheat with bbq sauce, cheese, lettuce, tomato, shredded carrot, and avocado with some fruit cocktail. I wouldn't mind eating this sandwich every day. Ok, maybe every other day.


Oh! Oh! Playlist: The Understorey Kick Ace Music Playlist. One of my fav indie/self published authors has the greatest taste in music. I could listen to this playlist, on repeat, all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment