Friday, February 10, 2012

Insert Cleverness Here

Spring Rolls! Finally!

Yesterday kicked my butt. Literally, I walked in the door after workouts, took a shower, and collapsed in bed. It wasn't just workouts but the day in the general. I was really unmotivated. I was surprised that I even made the drive .

I'm still slightly unmotivated so writing this blog is really difficult. I'm trying to figure out if it's just because I'm tired or if I'm getting sick or if my lack of creativeness in diet is finally getting to me. So to address the lack of creativeness, I FINALLY MADE SPRING ROLLS! I had some problems with the rice paper mostly along the lines of not knowing how long I needed to soften it and the best method in which to soften it. Not to mention, do you add the ingredients while the paper is still wet, if not how long does it need to dry? I think I did an OK job but they ended up really sticky. Stickier than the ones I buy from a restaurant anyway. I put basil, cilantro, carrot, rice vermicelli, shrimp and pork inside the spring rolls and had store bought chili garlic sauce. Not as much flavor as I was hoping but still a wonderful change from my current norm. I think in version 2, I'm going to add the chili sauce to the INSIDE of the spring roll rather than having it as a dip.

Workouts last night were killer and we were promised that things are going to start getting harder. Much harder. Our trainer said our butts will be amazing by the time we are done. I'm still weighing the pros vs. cons for the treadmill and he throws in the chance for an amazing butt. I need time to process this new information! I also need to mention that I absolutely hate mountain climbers and if these exercises are what helps me to get an amazing butt, I will skip the amazingness and just settle for decent. Thanks. The cardio interval he has us do was ridiculous but I was again amazed by the changes in my body and stamina. We sprinted for a minute with 10-30 second recovery times and I was actually able complete the entire 15 minutes without being thrown off the treadmill. And to answer a question: no, the scale wasn't friendly. I know for a fact I lost two to three pounds this week but the scale only said I lost one. But to focus on the positive, I know for sure I've lost at least two inches from my waist, an inch from my arms, and an inch from my thighs.

Someone at work asked me if I was still eating healthy and when I said yes, he proceeded to tell me about this delicious bread he had for lunch. It was irritating even though he meant for it to be funny. It's not tempting, it's just irritating (and rude).

Someone else asked me what the biggest, noticeable change has been in my body, diet, etc. She didn't laugh when I told her I have Spiderman-esque reflexes now. No matter how tired I am, I can catch things that are falling out of my hands. And naturally, my most amazing catches lately have not been witnessed and I cannot prove that they actually happened. All I know is that Peter Parker would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment