Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wishing and Pinteresting

Today has been a great day. I was home alone last night so I finished a book, went to bed late, and woke up after actually getting eight hours of sleep. It was glorious. Though Hank wasn't happy that I disrupted his sleep schedule, he has enjoyed the extra "mom and me" time. If you haven't had a dog, you may think I'm crazy but Hank is seriously the best addition to the family I can imagine. He's helped me become more active, his presence helps me sleep when I'm alone, and by having him and my husband around, most stress seems easy to conquer. 

Couch Potatoes!
Since we were alone for the morning as well, we took a run to the dog park. And when I say run, I mean we actually ran a majority of the way. I decided to ditch the running app for the day just to see what I could do and it was worth it. After we made it to the dog park and since no one else was there, I took a few laps around the park (which according to Google Earth is approximately .20 miles). Usually what happens is I start walking or running around the park and Hank will follow me, find something to sniff, get distracted by birds, and then he'll realize I'm way far away from him. The results generally include Hank coming at me at a full out Aussie run and rejoining the party. After a brief meeting with a massive 170 pound German Shepherd who was more interested in her ball than playing with Hank, we took off from the park at a pleasant jog, took some pictures on the road, and made it home. The dog park is about a mile away and we made it home in about 10 minutes. I am so stoked it's not even funny and even better, I feel great. And in other news, my cell phone is just heavy enough to make my running capris fall down when I run. I guess this is a sign that I need new pants or an armband for my phone.

I actually spent quite a bit of time searching for new sport type headphones and iPhone armbands on the internet today. Once I actually got to the store, I was much less enthused. One bad thing about living in a small town is that the selection at the stores is not always the best. Looks like purchasing on the internet or driving "to town" are my only options. I'm salivating over some Motorola bluetooth, behind the neck earphones but they are way out of my price range. Aside from headphones and an armband, I need to buy new running pants and a sports bra and I really want to buy new sneakers (but can't justify the cost. yet.).

I'm going to finish the night by being the book nerd I truly am. I took a trip to the library today and have three new books to read!

1 comment:

  1. We are going to have to talk about Pinterest next time I call you! I'm not really sure how it works? Is it like Tumblr?

    ReplyDelete