Monday, February 13, 2012

Spilling coffee on my lap definitely wakes me up faster than drinking it...

I'm sitting here, enjoying my pre-work morning routine and wishing I had one more day of the weekend. I'm not lucky enough to have the day off today but if I did, I would curl up, listen to the rain, and read another book. Even though I woke up early enough to do the things I planned this morning (run to dog park and back), it was pouring down rain and the dog is still sleeping. Guess yesterday finally wore him out! So blog typing and food prepping it is!

Despite my desire to sit on the couch all day yesterday, I actually spent some time being productive. Hank and I went on a 4 mile adventure with a dog park visit somewhere in the middle. The dog park is a great spot because he can drink water (and pee and poop) and I can do some much needed stretching. Of course, if I start moving weird or doing something out of the norm, Hank gets really excited and tries to trip me. I wasn't very appreciative of his tripping efforts yesterday mainly because he succeeded. My pride is hurt more than anything but it actually brought on some raging pain in my lower back. I've been on the brink of having back pain for a few days now and it's finally manifested itself though I'm feeling much better today.

I also drove 30 minutes to deliver a drill to my husband that he ended up not needing at all. He realized that he didn't need it the moment I pulled up to make the delivery. Good thing I brought the dog and had some old friends for us to visit, otherwise it would have been a wasted trip. Seeing our old friends and their kids made me really want children of my own. It's not that I haven't had that inkling before, it's just that it was much stronger yesterday than it has been in a long time. We all had a lot of fun rolling in the lawn with Hank, laughing and getting plenty of dog kisses.

Aside from the productivity and athletic endeavors, I finished a book (A Discovery of Witches) and my husband took me out to dinner. The other day he asked me what I wanted to do for Valentine's Day. My response was, "Let's go crazy. (insert a look from him that is worried, reluctant but mixed with a little bit of excitment) I will skip workouts and you can make me a burger." He looked really relieved and just laughed and told me he would have two burgers. But anyway, kind of a pre valentine's day cheat, we went to a local Mexican restaurant where I was supposed to splurge but could only finish half my meal. I got Shrimp Fajitas that were really tasty and came with a TON of veggies (steamed and grilled). When I looked down and realized I got four tortillas and only ate two, I was silently rejoicing but I really wanted to stand up and yell, "I defeated you, Mexican restaurant! I only ate 5 tortilla chips and half my meal! MUAHAHAHA *cough* HAHAHA!! And YES, I will take a to go box!"



Grapevines on the way home from athletic endeavors.





No comments:

Post a Comment