Monday, February 6, 2012

The Tale of the Friendly Scale

Ok, so I didn't wait until Thursday to weigh myself. Either my weekend of massive cheating hasn't caught up with me or I didn't cheat as much as I thought because I've lost another couple of pounds. Everyone says that weight is just a number but I feel like it's directly tied to my success. If I don't see the weight going down, I won't feel as motivated. I see a difference, I feel a difference and I want to see the number changing.

It's amazing how a couple of days not following the diet plan screwed things up. I didn't feel energized at all for a majority of the day and after lunch I hit a huge brick wall. I felt my stomach slipping back into constant growling mode and I was having cravings for a huge carne asada burrito. Instead, I had a tuna sandwich. Not a burrito but I added salsa in hopes that I could trick said stomach into thinking I ate a burrito. It didn't work.

I desperately need to go grocery shopping for fruits, veggies, and a few other essentials like cereal, melba toast, coffee and pistachios. I think I can make it another couple of days but by Wednesday, I need to have a shopping trip otherwise I will need to eat the frozen meals we have stockpiled which won't be good. The nutritionist told us that 500-600mg of sodium is the maximum you should be eating in one meal and 2300mg is the maximum you should be eating in a day. Frozen meals generally don't follow these guidelines so I need to stay away from them, otherwise the 60-80 ounces of water I'm drinking will hang out around my stomach and maybe vacation to my fingers.

We had yet another trainer tonight at workouts which was a fine surprise because we completely changed it up. Prior to tonight, I thought my balance was pretty good. My Wii Fit has never complained about my balance, just my weight and my inability to do push ups. During our warmup, literally the first 2 minutes of class, I almost fell on my face when I reached down to touch my toes. Granted, we were walking and reaching down to touch our toes. I couldn't do that warmup exercise for the life of me and the trainer got a kick out of my attempts. When I say we completely changed it up, I really mean it! We did station circuits and actually used workout machines for once. We did end up on the mats to do some core work but for the most part, we were on the self guided stations. We also did two separate cardio circuits, which were also self guided. I ended up going two miles in 20 minutes on the elliptical which was pretty exciting. I think I need to move to the treadmill to see what kind of damage I can do there.

After the workout I decided to brave Petsmart so I could restock Hank's treat supply. There is nothing like walking into a store right before they close to find three cashiers sitting and chit chatting while you are red faced and still out of breath from your workout. If I tried hard enough, I could have convinced them that I ran to the store. But I didn't try! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment