Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Big Reveal

Week 1 - Week 7 - Week 10
I realized today that it's been well over a week since my last blog post. I've been busy doing fifty million other things and forgot to write. I know, excuses are not good reasons but it's the truth.

I'm drafting a thank you letter to my trainer as we speak because I feel that he deserves to know how much I have hated, loved, and appreciated him over the last few weeks. I also think he needs to know how much he has changed my life. I'm going to post my letter when it's done but until then, you have my pictures above.

There wasn't a huge weight difference between Week 7 and Week 10 but I need to list a few things for you, my loyal reader. You can't tell any of these things by looking at a before and after picture.

1. In Week 1, my bra was set at the largest setting and was borderline too tight. In Week 10, my bra is on the tightest setting and is almost too loose.

2.  My shirt is one size smaller in Week 10.

3. The pants I'm wearing require a belt to stay up and I can take them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them.

4. My underwear would fall off if not for the jeans and the belt.

5. I've lost about 6 inches off my waist. (I'm still waiting on the other official numbers)

6. In Week 10, I have this crazy desire to run from point A to point B whenever I have the opportunity.

7. In Week 10, I put on a pair of size 10 jeans at the store.... and they fit. (No squats required)

8. During Week 1, I could hold a modified plank position (on elbows and knees) for only 10 seconds. On the final day of workouts, I could hold a full plank for 45 seconds before dropping to my elbows.

9. On January 22, I did 2.5 miles in 38 minutes. Yesterday, March 24th, I did the same 2.5 miles in 30 minutes.

10. I am already having a gym withdrawal problem and I'm looking for a new gym that is closer to my house. (Weird!)

Remember this from Day 1, Post #1?
Number of Situps in 1 minute: 15
Number of Pushups in 1 minute: 18 (modified, knees on the floor)
Number of "Laps" in the parking lot in 7 minutes: 15
Number of minutes of straight running before I needed to walk: 4 minutes (half of what I do at home with the dog. Hello? Legs and Lungs? What gives?)


Well I have some new numbers for you and these shall be dubbed Workout #30, Week 10, Post #41
Number of Situps in 1 minute: 25
Number of Pushups in 1 minute: 36 (modified, knees on the floor)
Number of "Laps" in the parking lot in 7 minutes: 19
Number of minutes of straight running before I needed to walk: 7 minutes and still ready for more.

Just as an end note for the day, I wanted to say that I Google Earth Measured the little "track" in the parking lot and each lap is .042 miles. That means I went .798 miles in 7 minutes. That's not bad at all considering I could have continued at that pace for another 7 minutes. Several of my half-marathoning friends have told me that running is all about your attitude and mindset. I've come to realize how true this is because yesterday on my run, I was about to walk and I thought to myself, "You ran for 7 minutes straight the other day, you can do this!" And you know, I kept running and didn't stop. Pretty cool that mind games actually work.

2 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING!! I am so proud of you for the tremendous amount of hard work that you have been doing! You have major determination, my dear. Lookin' good!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been meaning to tell you that you and Auston both deserve the regular Ranch Dressing! That boy is too funny, his quotes brighten my day. You should write a blog... "The Daily Auston". :)

      Delete