Monday, April 2, 2012

Reveal Numero Dos

So they sent me my "inches lost" last week but I just found the email in my inbox. Either my email checking skillz are lacking or the title just didn't stand out. Either way, I finally have my final numbers! All of these numbers represent INCHES LOST.

Arm = -.5
Hips = -2
Waist = -6
Thigh =  -.5
Chest = -3 (insert an audible sigh from my husband here... I'm serious, he was really bummed but says he still loves me.)

My total weight loss during the program was officially 15 pounds and I went from 33% body fat to 26% body fat. So while I didn't have the official weight loss numbers that I was originally striving for, I know for a fact that I lost a TON of fat from my body. That is huge! The calculation I was given says that I lost about 20 pounds in fat. Why didn't I lose 20 pounds, you ask? While I was losing fat, I was building muscle and becoming a macho woman (don't worry! My voice hasn't deepened, I still have boobs, and you can't really SEE my muscle even though it's there... lurking below the surface).

Pre Run Photo!
For those of you who know me personally, you know that I have a invested a lot of time in Relay for Life in the town where I work. It was my second year as "co captain" (more like co conspirator) for my work team and even though we started much later this year, we still raised about $4,000 for the cause. Anyone who was struggling with a decision on whether or not they could make a donation got the following speech from me, "Listen, you don't have to donate but think about it. The minimum donation is $5. That is one day bringing your lunch from home, one day without a Starbucks, or maybe skipping the bar on Thirsty Thursday. Think about the difference you could make by skipping one of those things just once. Now imagine the difference if you gave up one of those things once a week for a month or even for a year." I was challenged to do the same for a month and I proudly participated. $20 is easy when you save the money on a weekly basis.

Anyway, last year my motivation was my Aunt Pat and Bapa. This year my motivation has been a 7 year old boy named Auston (see the TEAM AUSTON shirt above), he's the son of a friend of ours. Auston was recently diagnosed with Brain Cancer and is currently in treatment at St. Jude. If you ever find yourself questioning the pure goodness of people, then I want you to think about my small community and how so many people have rallied together to donate to Auston and his family. If you ever question the awesomeness of kids, then think about Auston and any other child who has ever battled cancer. If you ever need motivation to do some good, then just think about everything you've ever heard on a St. Judes or Children's Hospital Radiothon. It's all true because kids are fighters! *stepping off the soapbox*

Last year, I walked about 2.5 miles during my relay hour. This year, I ran almost 5 miles before the rain was coming down too hard for anyone without an umbrella to stay on the track. Other than needing to run around/through/between people with baby strollers and casual walkers, I had a great time. I was actually ready to go back out on the track and run some more. The one blister I earned was completely worth it!

2 comments:

  1. That is a terrific result! Your waistline is whittling away!
    As for the bust inches lost, some of that loss has to be across your back and underarms too. You deserve to go get fitted for some new bras! Keep the "girls" high and tight.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete