Monday, March 5, 2012

Just Google it.

I meant to write more yesterday but I just failed. I went grocery shopping (story #1), I exercised with Hank (story #2), actually didn't chicken out from eating Vietnamese food but didn't have what I dreamed about(story #3), and finally, I read a YA Action Novel called Go No Sen (story #4) as a Read to Review. I really should have just written yesterday because this post will be really long if I include all the stupid shit I've done today and the funny things I have stored in my head for this exact moment. Sigh.

Story numero uno. Grocery shopping at Walmart seems to be a family affair for everyone but me. These families consist of Mom, Dad, Grandma (or Grandpa), two or three kids under the age of 6, a bossy 10 year old, and a sullen teenager who doesn't want to be there but insists on obliviously blocking the aisle and texting/facebooking/twittering about their obvious discontent. Not only did I have a couple 6 year old kids steal my cart at the very beginning of my shopping trip, but I accidentally used the same cart to practically run over someone's Grandma who happened to be tying her shoe in the middle of the cereal aisle. I know, I know. Why do the tragically funny things always happen to Melanie? The world may never know. Anyway, I got out of the store for under $80 and you know, I got a bunch of healthy stuff that I will eat. And really, really enjoy. Seriously.

While I was waiting in line at Walmart, I placed my to go lunch order for some Pho. Totally chickened out of the Crispy Noodle goodness that I've been dreaming about for a week but I'm feeling OK about that since the Pho made me sick. Since my diet changed, I've noticed a complete difference in how my body reacts to food. Fresh foods are OK but the more processed it is, the more sick it makes me. If I pair processed food with exercise then just forget about a productive workout. It makes me drag, it gives me gas/bloat, and makes the people around me wish they weren't around me. I'm not sure I can ever go back to the eating habits that I had two months ago without some serious consequences.

Speaking of food, I'm completely convinced that tacos are the second best creation known to man. Slight second to sweet potatoes but that's a different blog. Small, 6" tortillas with any kind of meat and then you add shredded carrots, cilantro, green onions, cucumber, tomato, salsa, and lime. I know I've talked about these before but it's like they get better each time. Yesterday, I used BBQ Tri Tip (my husband's ultimate specialty) as my meat and OMG, they were amazing. (I used "OMG" so that means it really was amazing. No joke.) I ate a little more than I should have because I exercised while I read. Or maybe I should say, I spent so much time imagining Go No Sen, that it really felt like I was exercising. Go No Sen is a martial arts concept that I don't understand but after reading the book, I feel like I need to learn karate or kung fu or something. Next goal maybe?

Today was really uneventful but there were only three of us at workouts, so it was actually really fun and extremely funny. We worked hard and got through a difficult set of upper body exercises but were cracking jokes left and right. I talked about how my legs are translucent like spring roll wrappers and someone else thought of military style chants to go with each of our workouts that centered around not liking our trainer. At one point, I was singing a combination of Hurts So Good and Footloose. Don't ask how it came up because I would have no idea how to answer that question. Don't ask what lyrics I used or the tune I followed because I can't answer that either. I also can't answer any questions about what lead up to this picture...

Don't ask, don't tell. Had to share it because it's a classic that will "haunt" us forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment