Friday, March 2, 2012

Week 1 vs. Week 7... notice a slight difference?


Week 1 vs. Week 7... notice a slight difference?

I wanted to wait until the end of the program to share a before and after photo but I'm pretty excited that I have OFFICIALLY lost 15 pounds. When I say officially, I mean that on the mean and scary scale at the gym, I have lost 15 pounds. This is my celebratory blog post.

I am also drinking a celebratory Mango Margarita. I feel that I deserve to indulge in alcohol considering how sober I have been throughout this whole challenge. It's not that I'm a drunkard but I like having a glass of wine or a bottle of beer with dinner and I've been keeping myself from doing that.

And a funny story for the night that I KNOW one of my regular readers will enjoy.... the Savemart in our town seems to be quintessential small town grocery store. You go down the aisle to get tampons and you see someone you know who is silently judging you for purchasing tampons. You go to the store at 9PM and it's a ghost town but if you show up around dinner time, it's a social gathering of everyone who is anyone. Anyway, I went tonight specifically to get Margaritas for myself and Jack Daniels for my husband (plus Ciao Bella Mango Sorbet, Tortillas, and Taco Meat...all after thoughts). I walk into the alcohol area and I'm trying to decide between Margaritaville and Jose Cuervo and I hear, "Shit! We need to get out of here. That's Donny's wife!" "Wait, Donny is married to her?" "Yeah, that's her. We have to get out of here." Keep in mind, I am surrounded by alcohol and my husband's high school students are close enough to be worried about me seeing them. It was hilarious and I looked borderline insane while I was giggling to myself.

2 comments: