Wednesday, May 30, 2012

And 4,031 is the magic number...

Post Holiday Tuesdays at work are the worst days ever. Ever. I work in Veterinary Supply Distribution as an in building customer service person for our sales staff. Well, that's what I try to do but most of the time I end up chest deep in the distribution side of the job. I fill, verify, and pack orders all while trying to make it to the phone within 60 seconds and remain happy and slightly perky. If it sounds like a lot, its because it is a lot! But don't tell my coworkers that I actually work because if they truly knew (and appreciated) how much I work, they wouldn't have anyone to bad mouth anymore! (it's a good thing the sales staff appreciates my hard work because otherwise, my job would be so sad.)

We had 4,031 product lines ship out yesterday (hence, the magic number) and I didn't get home until after 7:30. It's a lot of work, sweat, and silent sobbing. For reference purposes, we generally have 3,200 lines on a normal Monday and 2,700 product lines on a normal Tuesday. This is one of the main reasons I was stressing about my blisters because it's a huge day and everyone has to be at work to work their asses off. And we did.

Speaking of blisters, mine are almost gone! Yesterday was the first day I've been able to wear shoes without support from bandages. But now, the backs of my knees hurt a little bit and I'm a little concerned. When I have extra time (and don't feel like wasting it on blogging), I'm going to need to look into good knee stretches and strengthening exercises. I know that I will end up needing to strengthen everything from my hip down but I could at least focus on what will help my knees the most. Good thing I have a gym membership!

And another thing! I feel like I have so many topics to cover because I have so many things on my mind! *grin* I am going to rent a dress from RenttheRunway.com. We have a wedding to go to this summer and two weddings in the fall and I don't have dresses that fit me. This is such a great thing because they are all TOO BIG! I'd love to go dress shopping but I don't want to fill my closet with more clothes that may or may not fit in a couple of months. You know... I could lose weight, my waist could shrink, my waist could expand, my belly could expand *wink*, I could magically grow three inches (not likely but certainly welcome!), or I my legs could magically end up looking so great that I want to show them off by wearing a shorter style dress! So many possibilities! But yes, I'm going to see if Rent The Runway works and if it does, it'll be my go to for special occasion wear!

My Pinterest "My Style" board... is here!




No comments:

Post a Comment