Monday, May 28, 2012

It's true, I think I'm turning into an addict.

I did it and I can't believe it. I haven't even been on another run yet and I've already signed up for TWO MORE half marathons!

Santa Rosa Marathon & Half
Two Cities Marathon & Half

The Santa Rosa Half is in my other hometown and it is at the end of August. The Two Cities Half is in Fresno and it is at the beginning of November. I've heard great things about both races and I'm really looking forward to training and beating my time from the California Classic.

Speaking of the California Classic, ta-dah! Here's my picture!

Running like a champ. Facebook caption is: "Running AND Smiling?! Inconceivable!"
I am giving myself another week to get my shit together before I start back on a training program. I figure I can do some short runs in the shoes I have but I need to go get a new pair sooner than later. I'm planning a trip to the Sierra Running Company in Fresno. You know, I've spent so much time worrying about going to the gym and having people see me on a treadmill and now I'm going to walk into a store and run on a treadmill in front of everyone. I don't consider myself a runner and I'm going to go into a store where all the employees are runners. I know they will give me good, priceless advice but it will still feel weird.

I also want to get back on the eating plan I was on a couple of months ago. I've really let that go but my metabolism has been so ramped up that I haven't seen my weight yo-yo back. Plus, I feel like complaining some more about only being able to eat 17 grapes at a time. *smile*

2 comments:

  1. I hate to say it (no,I don't) but I told you so! I knew you'd be addicted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as you told me that I'd become addicted, I just gave in to the possibility! Can't stop it!

      Delete