Wednesday, May 23, 2012

They call me Tenderfoot, Melanie Tenderfoot.

So yesterday, I finally found a way to wear my shoes without them touching my blisters while staying within the (strict) guidelines of  the work dress code for footwear. The bad news, it only works if I'm not walking. Once I start walking everything kind of goes in the crapper. I really need to get this figured out before next Tuesday when we are slammed with post holiday orders and I'm required to run around like a dying chicken.

I am walking fine without shoes and I hope that trend continues because my bestie, Amanda and I are planning to go to San Francisco for a girls weekend. I was hoping to spend most of our time walking but flip flops are less than ideal to walk in for long periods of time. Plus, it is going to be a cool 57 degrees and I can't look like TOO much of a tourist in my hometown.

I have a list of "To-Do"'s for our trip this weekend but other than that, it will probably be a free for all..

1) Breakfast at Art's
2) Lunch or Dinner at Gordo Taqueria
3) Haight-Ashbury
4) Children's Playground (cement slides! woot!)
5) Buffalo
6) Windmills
7) Japanese Tea Garden
8) Stow Lake

I really wanted to stay away from highly populated touristy areas but I'm not sure if Amanda wants to see anything in particular. (Here's to hoping she reads this blog posts and thinks on it for a bit!) It's kind of a tour of the San Francisco that I know and love but totally up for some improvisation . I wanted to hop the Muni for transportation but I just found out that the Adult fare is $2 for a single ride with one transfer ticket. Ew.  When I was a kid, I paid 50 cents to get on the bus. Perks of childhood I suppose!

I guess it is time to get ready for work. Dear sneakers, please be nice to me today! Thank you, XOXO, Melanie Tenderfoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment