Monday, January 23, 2012

Don't worry, it's only because I could only eat 17 grapes yesterday...

I woke up this morning, weighed myself and about fainted. Between yesterday and today, I lost 5 pounds. No wonder I felt so crappy yesterday! Not too excited about dropping so much weight in such a short amount of time, even if it is just water weight.

Today was my first day at work being 100% on the diet plan. Let's just say that it wasn't pretty. My breakfast was a whole grain waffle, yogurt, and strawberries. By 9 my stomach was growling and by 10 it was screaming, "Feed me now!" My snack was raspberries and almonds. My stomach continued on by yelling, "Chocolate might help!"

A minute before my lunch I got a phone call that basically brought to light that I was in a crappy mood. Luckily, it was someone who was willing to talk it out with me and I felt better and ended up laughing. Lunch was what I dub, "White Girl Tacos". Corn tortillas with avocado, turkey breast, lettuce, tomato slices, and salsa. I found out later that I was allotted 160 calories worth of tortillas and my two tortillas were only 110 calories. The lunch was great but I wish I had known I could have added something extra (cheese would have been nice!). Afternoons are generally more active for me because that is when the bulk of our orders come in. I was pretty busy but hit a slump around 3:30 and my brain kind of fogged up. My afternoon snack was 32 pistachios and an apple. It's actually a ton of pistachios to eat but I've found that they aren't filling for very long.

I almost got to leave work on time. Almost! Once I got home, I was worried I wouldn't have time to make my meal plan dinner so I switched it up a little bit. I had chicken breast, baked sweet potato, and steamed broccoli. The best part was, I had the calories available to add sour cream to my baked sweet potato. Another good part, the sweet potato came ready to microwave in it's own little plastic wrapper. It came out of the microwave EXACTLY how I wanted it and it was so yummy. My last memory of appreciating a baked potato so much is from high school when I tried out for the softball team my freshman year. The second day of tryouts, I was so worn out that all I wanted was a potato. That potato was almost as good as this potato. No joke.

On my drive to the gym, I had a ton of water and half a banana (the other half was for after the workout). Pretty much, I was fueled all the way through to the end of the workout. I only got fatigued because my muscles were truly fatigued, not because I didn't have the fuel to continue on. We did an all upper body circuits today but I was able to complete the cardio intervals afterwards without any problems. I even had the energy to do the post cardio upper body circuit. That's a great way to end the day considering how awful I felt for a majority of the day. I may or may not be able to put my hair in a ponytail tomorrow.

Oh and the lesson for today: never be the last to finish the self guided circuit because then you get the crappy cardio machine (ie: the stair stepper).
 
The view on the way home from work... pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment