Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Look! I can life my arms enough to give you a hug!

I thought I wouldn't be able to put my hair up this morning but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could function all day AND give my husband a hug when I got home from work. Win for me!

But anyway, I felt much better with the new food plan today. I split my snacks so I'm eating a little more often during the day and I think it's really helping me focus and keep my energy levels high. I'm drinking an insane amount of water and it's coming out as quickly as it's going in. It's a little rough to be chained to the bathroom but I've been told this too shall pass.

I've noticed little changes in my body other than weight loss over the last couple of days. At today's workout, the core circuit was really tough but I've noticed my breathing is getting much better and is more relaxed while I workout. The only problem is the leg raises hurt my back like crazy because the floor is so hard. I think I'm going to try these at home and figure out what kind of cushioning to use while I'm working up to "hard floor resistance". I've also realized that having strong legs doesn't mean you have strong hips because I creaked like an old lady during some of the circuit today.

My body's response to the cardio workout has just been awesome. I found that during the cardio intervals today (I got an elliptical by the way), I was maintaining the same speed and intensity even when the resistance level went up to 15. It wasn't until we hit minute 15 that I needed to slow down and I ended up doing an 11 minute mile, which is huge for me. I felt pretty amazing after that! Tired, but amazing.

The coolest part of today is that I realized my lifestyle change has motivated a couple people I work with to also make some changes to either their exercise or eating habits. We started a lunch walking group, which I've dubbed "We Three Walking Weirdos" and hopefully it is something that we continue. It's kind of empowering and extremely motivating.

P.S. I just ate three M&M's. I won't tell if you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment