Monday, January 30, 2012

We've entered the age range where we've decided to lie... about how many reps we've done.

I was really worried that I wasn't going to make it to the workout tonight. Legitimately worried and really stressed. Work was a little crazy but I ended up leaving on time and everything was OK.

Something I learned on my honeymoon (it's not rated R, don't worry!) was the mantra Mai Tai, water, water, Mai Tai. I've been trying to use the same lesson when it comes to coffee because I usually have two cups in a morning. Coffee, Water, Water, Coffee. Today I skipped the water and I totally felt the negative effects that I was previously ignoring. I got a major headache but as soon as I re-hydrated, I felt 100 times better. It really surprised me how much water has helped me recently. I'm required to drink at least 50 ounces a day as part of my meal plan and I've found that even though I'm peeing like crazy, it's done a lot to curb my appetite, improve my mood, and increase my endurance during workouts. Water = love. Thank you, Luau lady for the wonderful advice. (I won't share the other advice I got for my wedding/honeymoon, it's not appropriate but it's really funny)

To date my best pre-workout meal has been the combination of a sweet potato, meat, and veggies (this was my dinner tonight). Second best has been pasta, veggies, and sauce. The worst was the shrimp salad. The only problem with my dinner choice tonight was that I had the worst gas (tmi... sorry). The workout was slightly uncomfortable because of this but I made it through. Barely.

I did 15 minutes on an elliptical prior to the workout tonight and I ended up doing a 10:45 minute mile. 15 seconds were shaved off in a week. I actually talked to the lady next me the whole 15 minutes and was never out of breath. My face was bright red but I could talk and workout at the same time which leads me to believe I could have gone a little bit faster and been OK. It was actually really great to talk to someone about how they are doing with the program. It was great to hear that I wasn't the only one experiencing problems with the meals and my calorie intake.

The workout tonight was the upper body and arm circuits that we've worked on in the past couple of weeks. My arms are noticeably stronger but I'm still struggling with my "heavy" weight. We did a total of 30 push ups tonight and I did all of them, correctly and without struggling. It kind of helps that we did them five at a time as part of a circuit but it's still something I plan on bragging about. So there. The circuit was much more difficult tonight because there were no modifications at the end. Either he forgot that he was nice last week or he's stepping it up for us. My guess is the latter. If it is the latter, I can't wait until the core circuit (and the impending soreness) tomorrow.

And ending with some husband humor...
Me: So someone at work was checking me out today. When I caught him he told me my diet was working.
B: Ok.
Me: I told him to stop checking me out because I'm married and it's a little weird.
B: *laugh* Ok.
Me: So, what do you think? Wanna check me out and see if the diet is working?
B: Depends. Is my diet working?
Me: What is your diet?
B: Eating whatever I want, whenever I want.
Me: Yes, it's working.
B: Good, I think I might double my efforts.
Me: Please don't.






No comments:

Post a Comment